She's satisfied about the change, but the other 8th grade girls at Hope didn't make it easy to leave. Mr. Ziegler, the HS principal gave the girls a chance to say goodbye. I heard the kinds of things that make a mother thank God:
- "You're leaving right now? I love you. I don't want you to go. You're a good student. You teach me a lot."
- "You're a role model for me. You always do your work on time."
- "I'm going to miss you and B laughing together. I appreciate it when we're praying and you tell me to stop laughing."
- "You laugh at what I say and do. You bring a smile to my face."
- "You've always been there for me. I'm going to miss laughing with you and at you."
Mr. Ziegler blessed her with 2 Corinthians 7:4: "I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds." And he went on: "You're not one who cares what other people think. You're not ashamed to walk your Christian life in front of others."
I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of Hope Academy and these friends.