Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A tribute to Talitha in the midst of a big change

Today, Talitha came home for 8th grade this year. It was a hard decision, because there's so much we like about Hope Academy where she's been since 5th grade. But this seemed like the best thing for her and us this year.

She's satisfied about the change, but the other 8th grade girls at Hope didn't make it easy to leave. Mr. Ziegler, the HS principal gave the girls a chance to say goodbye. I heard the kinds of things that make a mother thank God:

  • "You're leaving right now? I love you. I don't want you to go. You're a good student. You teach me a lot."
  • "You're a role model for me. You always do your work on time."
  • "I'm going to miss you and B laughing together. I appreciate it when we're praying and you tell me to stop laughing."
  • "You laugh at what I say and do. You bring a smile to my face."
  • "You've always been there for me. I'm going to miss laughing with you and at you."

Mr. Ziegler blessed her with 2 Corinthians 7:4: "I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds." And he went on: "You're not one who cares what other people think. You're not ashamed to walk your Christian life in front of others."

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of Hope Academy and these friends.

1 comment:

Caryn said...

What a sweet departure!