Thursday, August 7, 2008

Talitha's Thoughts

Hey Everyone!

I am so excited for Joni and Friends Camp. I would love to give you guys some reasons why I am so excited.

Okay, the first reason is that this is my very first time volunteering at Joni and Friends Camp. Last year, when my mom went for the Minnesota Joni and Friends Camp I didn’t really feel like I was ready to go to one. But now I am ready.

Reason two: I get to bring my violin and play music for people. I just love being able to minister to people that way!

Reason three: I get to take care of an adorable little friend I know!

Reason four: I get to room with other girls from my church!

Reason five: Some of my friends are going from church!

And finally, Reason six: This is a great opportunity for me to serve others and to be like Christ and his image in Mark 10:45 “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for  many.” I get to serve others maybe even in the smallest ways like playing violin, but the bigger thing is that I get to be like Christ.

I most heartily look forward to seeing you there if you’re going! I really can’t wait to go, can you tell?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Talitha,

I am so glad you have the opportunity to volunteer at the Joni camp. It will be a great week full of much grace.

May you not be "weary of doing good" and "as you have opportunity, [may you] do good to everyone." (Gal. 6:9-10 paraphrased)

Blessings on you!
Enjoy Carysse :)

Mrs. Michael

P.S. Guess what?! I get to be your teacher on Wed. nights next year! I enjoyed teaching you in third (?)/second (?) grade and am looking forward to SEVENTH grade!

Anonymous said...

Talitha - I am not a blogger, but I could not resist checking your's out. Sounds like you are very excited about going to camp - and what beautiful reasons for your enthusiasm. May God bless your ministry - and fill you with joy in serving!! Keep us posted.

Mrs. Delk

JPB said...

Welcome to blogging, Talitha!

I go to BBC and read your brother's blog.

He gave you props and sent us here!

Have a BLESSED time at camp and may the grace of our Lord flow through you to others.

Unknown said...

TR,
I'm feeling a little left behind on this blogging thing. First my older brother, then my parents, and now my little sister is writing really well. Thanks for your thoughts and for serving. I am really thankful that you love to serve Jesus and love people in need. Love ya

Barnabas

Anonymous said...

Dear Talitha,
You've listed 6 wonderful reasons to be excited! I know the Lord Jesus will use you to bless the Turners as you care for Carysse - and He will use you to glorify Himself through your playing the violin! It blesses me to see you investing in Christ's kingdom by returning to Him the gifts and training you've received! May the Lord go before you and fill you as you serve with Him! I'm so glad for you!
Mrs. Heinrich

Anonymous said...

Here are a couple extra reasons:

1. The Zip Line at Castaway Club! It zips you down off a high tower right into the water. Even Aunt Christa did it last year.
2. Your cousin Betsy will be there, with her friend Hannah.
3. A great woman, Judy Seigle, will be there for you to get to know. She's a terrific person, in a wheelchair as Joni is, and raced for the United States in the Para-Olympics.
4. Kempton will do a great job teaching God's word.
5. Great meals served by servant-hearted people.
6. Inspirational folks you will meet from all over the midwest!
7. The Holy Spirit will be powerfully at work there, in your life and many others.

Have a GREAT week, and God bless you, Talitha.

Uncle Dana

Anonymous said...

Oh, Talitha --How exciting to know you will be playing your Great G'daddy's mellow,melodious violin for your JONI friends,where others can enjoy your enjoyment of the gift of making music! Blessings, G'mother Henry

Elizabeth said...

I'm so excited to see you again this week, Talitha!! :)
Love, Betsy

Anonymous said...

Talitha,

What a great picture of you! Thanks for once again ministering to children. It was a blessing to us when you visited us and I know it is a blessing to those you played with at camp.

Thanks for your servant heart!

Tracy S.