Sunday, August 23, 2009

To Cheryl (and other parents of a child with disabilities)


Dear Cheryl,

You commented on the post about "Elda":

It was the very encouragement I desperately prayed for. We have a son with Autism and I have struggled so much in past two weeks with him. Thank you for helping me remember that God is God alone, Unchangeable, Unstoppable. God knows my son and He is at work in my son's life for His glory. What a beautiful thing that retreat must be!

Yes, Cheryl. This retreat is indeed an awesome thing--for us who are volunteers and even more for the families who attend. Our eyes are opened or re-opened toward our God who is unchangeable and unstoppable.

I don't know where you live, but there are JAF retreats scattered around the country. Generally, the dates are similar from year to year. The dates and places for 2010 should be posted sometime about the beginning of each year. Most fill up fast, so it's important to register early.

And if you're not familiar with the
Joni and Friends web site, be sure to look around in the other parts it. There are many kinds of helpful resources and encouragement there.

I pray God's blessing on you today.

No comments: