Thursday, February 26, 2009

Not Saying No to God


(A reminder with many thanks: If you were thinking of making a donation on behalf of a Harvest Project team member, this would be a good time. Airline tickets are being purchased now.)

Thought from Brian Reilly, team member:

Our pastor has been preaching sermons the last few Sundays about spiritual gifts and making oneself available to God, that we may not say no to God (nor would there ever be a good reason to do so). 

I have been listening especially closely, feeling like he is opening up God's word directly to me for the upcoming Cameroon trip in particular. I know it goes for everyone, but I have been awestruck at how God is honoring me by providing for this trip. This scripture is not new to me, but its pertinence and current application has growing meaning, growing me in Christ.

Getting to know the truth about what's going on in the world, that some people actually think their disabled loved ones may b"part snake"  -- true heartache.  It makes trust in God and faith grow stronger by the second.


No comments: