Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Infamous Beijing Left Turn--LIVE!


In 1995, bicycles were everywhere in Beijing. Now bikes have been replaced with cars. It doesn't take a physicist to figure out: The roads of 1995 were planned primarily for bikes . . . A car is lots larger than a bike . . . Road building can't keep up with car purchases . . . Therefore . . .

I'm so glad I don't have to drive in China. Here are a few scenes from the streets of Beijing, including live footage of a left turn--as viewed from the front seat of a taxi.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!!! I was super nervous during that whole left turn thing! I would be a wreck in that kind of traffic.

Noel said...

I just realized the cluster of cars we entered once we crossed the intersection looks just like the mini-ants circling a mini-puddle of Terro.