Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jumble Thrift: My New Shopping Destination


Tomorrow I leave for China, but first a story.

A couple of weeks ago, Talitha and I drove 3 hours down to Fulda from Minneapolis to see our Fulda family and to deliver birthday hugs to Millie.


Of course, we couldn’t leave without shopping at Jumble Thrift, the new venture of Millie's family. After I had paid for my purchases, I wandered some more, waiting for Talitha to finish.


Up high on the shoe shelf I glimpsed a familiar-looking heel. Unbelievable! It was a brown pair like my favorite black shoes—the style I’ve been searching for on Ebay for years. (You know how it is. As soon as you find a pair of shoes that are comfortable and you like the way they look, immediately the style is discontinued. Aaargh!)


Well, there they were. AND, also unbelievable, they were my size. How often do you think I find women’s 11M in a thrift shop? AND only $1. How much do you think I’d have had to pay on Ebay if I HAD ever found the shoe.


People flock to the Mall of America from surrounding states. Not me. I'm flocking to Jumble Thrift in Fulda. You too?


P.S. I don't know any other thrift shop with such an active and entertaining blog.


No comments: