Saturday, November 14, 2009

We meet Talitha Ruth Piper


(You can find the beginning of our adoption story here.)

Part 15

The friend who was bringing Talitha to Minneapolis preferred for families to meet their babies in the midst of prayer and thanksgiving at church, not in the busyness of an airport. And so we waited at Bethlehem that day, jumping each time we heard the outside entrance door open.

Finally, there she was. Our daughter. Abraham and Barnabas's sister. (Karsten and Benjamin's too, but they were out of state until a couple of weeks later).

After we filled ourselves up with the delight of holding her and of praying our first family prayer over her, we went upstairs where about 100 friends were waiting to meet her and to join us in a welcoming service and dedication prayer time.

As we walked into the room, we heard our friend Rod call out, "She has her daddy's curly hair!"

That very evening there happened to be a party of adoptive families across the street from our house, at Rod and Sonie's house. Rod and Sonie were the friends whose adoptions of a son and a daughter had started us down this path. Perhaps all those parents, more than any others, resonated with our joy that day.



(to be continued)

4 comments:

mercygraceword said...

I'm so thankful for your willingness to share this journey. In my case, we remained childless as my husband could not embrace adoption - all under the umbrella of God's sovereignty.
Your story is a beautiful story of love and obedience.
Thank you
Deborah

Beautiful Mess said...

Praise God! I look forward to this story so much. It is beautiful and illuminates God's love all around us!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Piper, I'm a Korean adoptee, and I've loved reading your family's story. No one's had to really unpack for me what it means for God to adopt us; I've lived it. The older I get, the more I think about adopting kids of my own...but it's all under God's hand. Thanks for telling us what it was like at the Piper house.

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Piper! Thank you for sharing you story!

I am a mom from Russia. I can't believe I did not get to meet you and your family in October when you were just 5 hours of drive from where we live. God really impacts the life of our family through your husbands' and your mininsty.

My husband and I are at a season when we pray if we should adopt--and I am so much more ready than he is. Looks like it is time for me to learn about submission and Gods sovereignty.

Your story is very encouraging. Thank you.

Please, give my love to Pastor Piper and your family.

Katya